Parkside Cordless

You're as bad as dribble as neither of you have probably any direct experience of them.

Lots of Lidl tools are astonishing value for money. But I've no direct experience of any of their power tools either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Isn't this one just plain effing stupid!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Actually a neighbour has a couple of these and I have used them. They aren't great.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not as stupid as the likes of you who offer advice on tools you've plainly only ever seen in a shop, and never used. At least Andy actually has the tools he recommends.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

See. He is just plain effing stupid!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hi, Can you please tell me is the chuck 10mm or 13mm? Thanks

url:

dixie

mike

Hi I am interested in the battery charger if you want to sell £ 15 ema il is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
rayf849

I'd imagine this is once again the result of crap interfaces for newsgroups via the web myself. it happens far too often to be merely human error. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I am charging the battery both ref &hreen lights are on what is the problem please?

Reply to
stringfellowsheila

What is written on the charger beside the red and green lights?

Reply to
John Rumm

*Usually*, red indicates charging, green indicates fully charged. Charger may be fubar. Have you tried unplugging the charger and plugging it back in (just in case its charging management chip has got fuddled)?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

On some the red light simply indicates that it's turned on (i.e. power connected) and the green light is the charge indicator.

For some reason there seems to be no agreement as to whether flashing = charging and on = full or vice versa between different manufacturers.

Reply to
Chris Green

Trouble is Parkside is a Lidl brand name for tools which come from a variety of makers. And they may well have different protocols for what the lights mean. If it's not marked on the charger itself you'll need to look at the instruction book. Or give the model type and number here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Could the battery have been fully charged before you tried to recharge it? The instructions with my (8 year old) Lidl Parkside Cordless drill says that this may result in a fault condition. Unplug the charger from the wall, remove the battery, use it in the drill to discharge it a bit and then after at least 15 minutes, put it back in the charger and turn on. If all is well the red light will be on whilst charging and then green when fully charged.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

Chris Green pretended :

My Makita has red = got power/charging, green solid = fully charged, green flashing = faulty battery.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Goodness, yet another variation that I've not seen before! All of mine at least only use a single green LED to indicate charge, they just vary one the flashing/not-flashing meaning.

Reply to
Chris Green

Go on web look up parkside spares there good cannot fault

Reply to
theadgold

I bought three Parkside tools ... drill, jigsaw, circular saw and I have no complaints about the tools themselves but one battery went dud after about 18 months so I bought a replacement from Kompernass.

What bothers me is that today the other two batteries have both failed ON T HE SAME DAY. Both say date of manufacture Oct 2014 just under three years a go. The three-year warranty doesn't cover batteries but I am wondering if t hey fit a chip to make them fail. Anyone else had a similar experience?

Reply to
malcolm

Well maybe they have changed since 2007.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff