Paperwork ...

Missus is having some building work done at the burger joint. The cooking area is moving, so there will be some movement of high power electrical feeds to the chip fryers etc, some new lighting, and the gas will be moving a few feet to the new position of the char grill. The contractor who is doing the work is supplying the trades to carry out the work that is additional to his 'bricks and mortar' stuff, so I'm assuming that they are all 'proper' ones. Should they be issuing any new paperwork in regard to the work that they are doing i.e. something like a gas safe certificate and a certification for the electrics, or is it enough that they are 'registered' tradesmen ?

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Short answer. Would you expect to be asked to provide a paper trail in your lifetime? There are those who cannot exist without such. Sadly these are proliferating even though their parents were unmarried. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

The only people who might care would be your landlord, and your insurer. Of course if anything nasty goes wrong afterwards, you might want some evidence you did the right thing.

For the electrical work, it would be a Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate, unless it involved new circuits from the CU/dist board, in which case it would be an Electrical Installation Certificate. Part P only applies to residential premises.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I would expect to know that the bloke overseeing the gas was Corgi registered not that it means anything more than something somewhere was written on paper. Ditto for the electricks.

I would expect to have the paperwork gone into by the contractor. But I would do it at the time he was fishing for the job not after he was given the contract.

You would hire a competent man for the job and check him out somehow, as opposed to hiring a friend of a friend you met in a pub one dark night. Seems a bit of a daft time to start asking questions.

And not the right person to be asking them, too, neither. Still. It takes all sorts.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Reply to
Apprentice 65

I'd have thought a call to the council building control mob might shed some light on this one. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff