Papering on Thermal plasterboard and damp;!..

Gents...

We've got an old Edwardian house we rent out thats got, as was the fashion, 9 inch external walls. In one bedroom there always been a bit of a history of damp on the North and East facing walls. No leaks are apparent at all it just seems to be a condensation problem as that room isn't that well ventilated as such.

Bro in law has suggested lining the walls that are external with Gyproc thermalboard which will help to make the surface of the wall less cold. Suggested that I use the dot 'n dab adhesive but to comply with fire regs the board must have at least Four mechanical i.e. screw fixings in case of fire the boards mustn't come away if the insulation underneath melts.

One question is it OK to paper directly to the plaster board then paint it, of have you got to prime it or seal it in anyway?..

I've got the same stuff in the converted garage I use as an office and it works fine, makes a 4 1/2 inch brick wall a lot warmer than otherwise.

So anyone any suggestions/recomendations?..

Cheers....

Reply to
tony sayer

I Would reccomend Sempatap Thermal Insulation. 10 mm thick Like wallpapering, Energy Saving Trust reccomended Can be immediately painted or papered etc

Reply to
TCtheeenrgyexpert