Papering

Popped into Wilkinsons today for one of these;

The best wall paper trimmer I have ever used.

However, spotted one of these;

I've always used a brush in the past, but I thought I'd give it a try for £1.50.

Brilliant! So much better than a brush, really easy to get rid of bubbles etc. Works a bit like a squeegee. Added bonus, it squeegees some paste out of the edges so the seam have extra paste.

Reply to
David Lang

I have a similar tool - it does, indeed, work very well.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Why does the UK persist with wall paper, it is almost non existent here in Australia and I suspect many other places.

Reply to
F Murtz

g-smooth/invt/0341559

We have artistic appreciation. (Virtually absent in OZ)

Reply to
harry

  1. 'Cos we have old houses with old plaster
  2. 'Cos we don't have insects that eat wallpaper[1] so we can :)
  3. 'Cos not all Poms can plaster :(
[1] German cockroaches. (Native Aussie cockroaches would no doubt be too busy killing and eating people.)
Reply to
Robin

"Robin" wrote in news:mpseit$e2n$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Do the Ausies use that textured plastering that is common in the USA?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

The snap off blade principle has never worked particularly well for me because of the sharp point, which very quickly becomes the blunt point, which then tears the paper. I shall probably go to my grave without knowing the best tool for the job. I have a drawer full, but the Opinel camping knife has been my favourite for a while now

Reply to
stuart noble

En el artículo , stuart noble escribió:

You're pushing too hard and blunting the point of the knife on the plaster underneath. Only a very light touch is needed. You're cutting the paper, not the plaster.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I understand the principle but....:-)

Reply to
stuart noble

No but we did have a fad worse than wallpaper once, printing paint rollers, luckily that died out.

Reply to
F Murtz

En el artículo , F Murtz escribió:

Surely you have traditional Indian restaurants with the mandatory red flock wallpaper in Oz? :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson