Paper shredder lubricant

They would say that, wouldn't they

It's always a good tactic to use their own words against them.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

Customer credit card data.

WRT lubrication, I squirt ours with 3 in 1 aerosol once a month, we fill the bin probably three times a week.

Current machine was a free replacement for one that seized solid, when I phoned the company to thank them for the freebie I asked if there was anything I should do to avoid the new one seizing I was told to, once or twice a month, pour some regular cooking oil onto a sheet of paper and shred that.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin C

There a many types of cooking oil. Some set in air to form a solid after being sticky for a while, some simply go off and smell.

I used silicone spray on a sheet of paper.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not a serious issue, AFAIK.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I didn't like the cooking oil suggestion either, hence the 3 in 1.

Justin.

Reply to
Justin C