I've just cleaned our Panasonic NN-811A Combo Microwave and noted that
the door glass/cover has become misty and on the interior surface by the
looks of it. I can see no way of getting at this, removing the two door
screws on the latch side doesn't allow one to get access as far as I can
Two questions: 1) isn't it a bit odd that this should happen? 2) any
Some microwaves seem to force air through the door cavity,
and I saw one where it had sooted up after some food in the
microwave had presumably caught fire or smoked. Microwave
was still working fine, but the door was uncleanable.
Also reminds me of an incident a colleague who was once a
field engineer observed. Whilst visiting a fish a chip shop
to repair the cash till or something similar, he saw that the
owner had cut a big hole in the microwave door so he could
quickly insert and remove pies for heating without having to
keep opening the door...
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote
| ... a fish a chip shop ... the owner had cut a big
| hole in the microwave door so he could quickly insert
| and remove pies for heating without having to keep
| opening the door...
Presumably an English chippy?
All the Scottish ones I've seen just chuck pies in the fryer.
Since I have a leak detector that actually appears to work, I dismantled
the vented door of our combi microwave to clean the inside glass.
No leaks on reassembly, but certainly not something I suggest trying ;)
Although interestingly it was very simple to take apart, just 4 screws
no sealants,clips or anything. Just the glass, choke plate and outer
door with the plastic window.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.