Painting wood that's been waterproofed

I am about to build a brick shed which will have a pine door ( F.L.B.) and frame. At the moment this is bare wood.

I've got half a can of Thompsons waterproofer. If I painted that on first, would I be able to apply subsequent finishes without problems. The reason I ask is that I have experience of trying to get render to stick on to walls that had been waterproofed, not easy.

mark

Reply to
mark