painting windows

Hi All

I am painting the insides of my 1930s casement windows and a lot of the putty is loose, I have raked it out and am unsure of what to fill the voids with. Putty is my preferred option as you can strike it off to achieve a nice edge and finish, although it has to be left for such a long while before painting. Decorators caulk is ok but not as easy to control or manipulate and can mark the glass. Any ideas ?

Reply to
turklurk

stuart noble

You can paint it after a day or two