Painting the garage floor

About 10 years ago in a different (new) house I used some special concrete paint bought at Wickes to paint my garage floor - a nice blue colour (well the Tories were in power, weren't they?).
Anyway, having moved and been in the new house for 8 years now I'm thinking of painting another garage floor. I'm looking at the paint available from ScrewFix:
http://tinyurl.com/h5kb
I recall when I did the previous garage floor that I had to apply something prior to the actual paint, to neutralise the acid in the concrete or something like that. But I can't remember the details of what that prep stuff was!
Anyone able to help? Floor is now over 8 years old so presumably has naturally lost its ability to react.
Andrew
Andrew McKay wrote:

You concrete will be fine by now. Sweep/vacuum it to get rid of as much dust as poss andthe put a thinned first coat of the screwfix paint (10% white spirit) will soak in and bold into the surface. one ortwo more coats will give you a pretty durable surface. if you are planning to give the floor heavy use/abuse, consider a 2 part epoxy paint. Lots more expensive but will last better.
Regards
Bob

Thanks for that - I'll take a look later as I'm just about to get busy on something else.
Andrew
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:49:05 +0100, Andrew McKay

Another one that you might like to look at is the 2 part epoxy paint that Max Bone's company, Decorating Direct sells.
I used this to very good effect on my garage floor.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl