Painting textured wallpaper - advice sought

Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for painting (new) textured wallpaper with emulsion.

I have tried using a long pile roller however it is extremely hard work to get the paint into all of the nooks and crannies plus I seem to be using an awful lot of paint.

Should I water the paint down and go for a couple of coats?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Reply to
Matt

The only suggestion I've got is to roll on the paint from lots of different angles to get into all the nooks and crannies. It sounds like you are using a one-coat. It's best to have 2 coats in my opinion. Whether watering down is suitable or not depends on the paint. You can have thick paint without much pigment in it, or quite thin and lots of pigment. Some of thick jelly-like non-drip paints can be hard work to roll. Hope some of that helps, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The message from "Matt" contains these words:

Spray it.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Matt writes

Use paint pads. Thin the first coat 10% with water and the apply the second coat as it comes from the tin.

It goes faster if there are at least two of you, one doing the edges to start with and the other filling in. If the kids are old enough to trust, get them to load the pads from the tray. BTDTGTTS.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Use a brush.

Mark.