Painting Question

Emulsion paint just above radiator is peeling off down to the plaster. Obviously caused by the heat, but is this normal or was it due to poor preparation? I will remove all loose paint and sand the edges smooth, then what can I do to prevent it happening again? Some sort of primer?Would it be a good idea to fit a shelf above the rad? Ed

Reply to
Ed Rear

I would say it was caused by one or more of...

No primer or first coat of paint not thinned enough (or not thinned at all); Plaster polished too much; Damp.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel