Painting Plastic waste pipes

Hammerite will only take with an undercoat.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

Which is the best type of paint to use, got a mixture of grey painted black and white painted black by previous owner, but paint now coming off and needs redoing

cheers

Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

Any oil based gloss paint.

You don't need to prime or undercoat - in your case obviously rub done/remove the old stuff first.

I've got drainpipes and waste pipes painted with Dulux Weathershield Gloss 6 years ago that are still sound

Reply to
chris French

In my experience the Dulux Weathersheild Fast drying (Acrylic resin I suspect) bonds very well to PVC and provides a key for most other paints (although I tend to use one coat gloss).

Reply to
Ed Sirett