painting plasterboard

I have a Stud partition which I need to 'finish off', i.e. clad and paint.

My question is: Do I need to put up plasterboard, have a plasterer apply a skim, and paint over that? Is there a simpler / quicker way that I can do my self? i.e. can I get away with just painting the plaster board direct, and if so do I need a special type of plasterboard?

The finish I want to achieve in the end is for it to look and feel the same as the other (plaster on top of brick) walls.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Alasdair

Reply to
Alasdair

In article , Alasdair writes

If you use tapered edge plasterboard, tape & fill the joins, you can just paint it. My whole house is done that way.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

I don't think it looks or feels the same but you wouldn't mind the difference and you could always change your mind after. There should be a how to do it on here somewhere. B&Q also put out leaflets on that sort of thing.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Sounds interesting if I can avoid paying a plasterer. Wouldnt the taped joins show when you paint over them? Can you give me some more deatils of what tape and filler please.

TIA

Freefall

Reply to
Freefall