Painting Marley Cement Hanging Tiles

Is it possible to paint these type of tiles ? They are a dark brown colour. Has anyone had good results doing this. What type of paint did they use and what prep is needed ?

Thnx for any help .

Reply to
unshaven

I know you can paint them because a friend has had them done recently.

No idea what paint was used, but I assume it is much the same as painting brick or concrete - any external wall paint.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Don't get a colour that is too bright or they look like shit. Try a small area first. You will need to power wash and bleach to get rid of the algea. You mat=y find that the power wash makes them look a lot better without painting.

Reply to
harry

Just a thought, and I haven't tried this, but would it be worth painting the tiles individually in slightly different colours so that they do not look quite so much as if someone has painted the whole lot.

Something like: paint a random fifth in the base colour. Add a little black to the tin and do another fifth. Repeat until finished.

Might just replicate the natural colour variation in the originals.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Sure. But it doesnt look too good, and several years later it looks dreadful

If they have, I've never seen it

masonry paint probably. A damn good clean.

NT

Reply to
meow2222