Painting floorboards a colour

I'm thinking of painting the floorboards in a room in my house - perhaps white or perhaps blue or another colour.
Has anyone here done this? Any tips? Type of paint to use?
Thanks, Mike F

Flooring paint Mike, it's the best for this job. If you've seen factory floors with coloured paints pointing or leading to different areas, then you'll know what I mean. You can get it in all shades and colours now'a'days, and it's useful when you come to remove it in the future. You see, it is hard wearing and lasts for ages and ages when it cures but, it can be peeled off with the use of a cheap solvent. You mop the solvent all over it and wait for a couple of hours, then go in with your little putty knife and make a tear in it, then just start to peel. The reason it's used in factories and commercial places is the fact that it can be removed with no great hardship and leaves the floor area clean and clear in no time at all.
http://tinyurl.com/fzyu
http://www.antel-uk.co.uk/tds/ac115.html
http://www.sjdixon.co.uk/new_page_1.htm
http://www.international-paints.co.uk/floor.html