Painting Doors

Hi

I have a double door arrangement (each about 78"x21") on a walk in wardrobe, made from MDF. They are perfectly flat and I want to paint them white. What would be the best method and paint to use please.

Many Thanks

Alec

Reply to
alec green

Spray them. Best to remove them first and lay 'em flat to avoid runs though.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Oh - and use white paint :-)

More seriously, a large flat surface with a light finish will show up any painting flaws badly. Be prepared to sand down between paint coats.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Reply to
Andrew May

I was looking at some "MDF primer" and it was water-based. I was rather surprised. It was also expensive. Hmmm.

I think someone one this group suggested rubbing some type of filler into cut edges of MDF to get a smoother finish. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

edges of MDF to get a smoother finish.

use water based acrylic primer in several coats.

rub down.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

AFAICS MDF primer just seems to be an acrylic primer with a more expensive price tag.

That's what I used in the old house and it was fine. Don't remember having any great problems with the edges.

Reply to
chris French