Painting copper pipe

After a good discussion (below), I have decided to construct a shower rail using copper pipe (its a strange shapped bathroom !!). I would like the result to have a silver finish - what should I use to paint the piping, and it there anythign special I need to do to it first (rough it up etc) ??
Thanks, Neil.

The best thing to do would be to bend it to shape and then get it chrome plated. Look up electro-platers in the yellow pages.
shaun

It's used as the main finishing water feed pipe in bathrooms anyway.
Steve.
--
Vehicle Painting Pointers: http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes

However you can paint copper piping quite successfully with almost any household paint, You'll obviously need to key it first though.
Steve.
--
Vehicle Painting Pointers: http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes
Key it ?! You mean rough it up so that the paint holds ?? How should this be done ??

My beloved painted her copper pipe in Hammerite, result was excellent, hot and cold pipes were painted.
YorkieDave

excellent - thanks. Maybe I can get my Mrs to do it..... or maybe not !

Thanks for the advice. I will be trying to a metalic look when its finished, and be spraying it before I fix it in place.