painting ceiling

plastered my kitcken ceiling. being quite a novice i messed it up a little. instead of reskimming the ceiling i simply pollyfilled the mistakes and sanded. i sealed the ceiling then painted with crown white kitchen paint. first coat up and some of the parts where i have pollyfilled, you can really see. quite bumpy looking when caught in a light source.

i am wondering will another coat help. should i sand the painted high spots and apply another coat.

ive heard about polycell basecoat i am thinking of buying some, will this help smooth out the high spots and is it ok to apply over my crown painted ceiling. thanks!

Reply to
steve

Steve,

Is the paint you have used a silk, or anything with a 'sheen'? If yes, then try coating with a very 'Matt" based paint... this can hide a mutlitude of sins.

HTH

deano.

steve wrote:

Reply to
deano

Quite the opposite IME. The light bouncing off the sheen is what helps to mask the flaws

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Must disagree. Any paint with a sheen will show every flaw depending on the direction of the light. Try matt emulsion.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

makes two of us then. I know from sheening a bad plastered ceiling in my kitchen. Repainting in Matt worked a treat.

Reply to
deano