painting brickwork before plastering?

There's a crumbly brick wall in my kitchen and other rooms so I'm planning on giving it a quick brush down then painting it with mortar paint.

But in a year's time when I've fixed the roof and ceilings etc I will want to have it plastered or drywalled- will i be making problems for myself by painting it, is there anything i should do to make it easier?

the wall is uneven where the lime mortar has crumbled...

thanks

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

Thats fine.

Reply to
George

or you could paint it with lime.

Reply to
meow2222

why? because its porous? its an internal wall, so maybe if i leave one side porous in case of moisture from above, and paint the other side with masonary paint? is that a good idea?

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)