painting asbestos

I am considering painting some white asbestos boards which are on the exterior of the house. I've looked at some of the previous replies about this and whilst masonery paint is recommended I would rather paint with a solvent based white gloss.

Therefore, is this suitable and if so does the asbestos need to be primed.

I'm fully aware of the risks/precautions.

Reply to
geoffr

asbestos is fibre reinforced cement, so can be treated like cement products. Gloss & undercoat is fine on cement.

NT

Reply to
meow2222