Painting a room...cutting in

Neither my husband nor I are experts at painting & decorating, but so far we've done a pretty good job of the room we're decorating! We are finally ready to paint the walls...pink! What's the best method for cutting in...if I was to do the cutting in on one day and my husband painted the rest of the walls on another, would that cause the paint to look different colours? We're limited with our free time, so I thought maybe by cutting in on my day off may help out...but I don't want to do this if it's likely to leave the paintwork looking a mess. Jo PS Thanks to everyone who's given me advice so far.......we're nearly there at last!!

Reply to
Jo

If the paint is well mixed and you use the same type of applicator then you will not see any difference in colour unless your painting techniques are very different.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

If you are using a silk emulsion it will "flash" and it will look obvious.

Reply to
robert

Before I retired a year or so ago, I was the UK agent for a Spanish made product called 'Supertape'

It's masking paper on the roll (150mm, 300mm, 450mm widths), with a 25mm low tack adhesive coatting along one edge.

It's a cracking aid for cutting in, and much cheaper than the US made alternative, 'Easymask'

Sadly, the DIY sheds never took up the product, but I can pass on the details of the main uk distributor (no, I'm no longer on commission!)

Reply to
Paper2002AD