Painting a narrowboat

Anyone with experience of painting a narrowboat exterior?

Reply to
Paper2002AD

I`ll ask one of the girls in work tomorrow - she part-owns one of `em

Reply to
Colin Wilson

With or without getting your feet wet?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I thought I might use a brush or a roller - last time I painted with my feet I couldn't get the paint from between my toes for ages

Reply to
Paper2002AD

Hi,

AFIAK pale paints fade the most so it's best to stick to deeper colours. A short pile roller is quickest for putting paint on, it can then be tipped off with a decent brush or maybe a paint pad.

Also if the paint might be affected by dew overnight or get rained on, I've found as long as the paint is at least tack dry a sheet of very thin decorators plastic can be put over it for protection.

It will stick to it a tiny bit, but can be pulled off safely later and lets the paint dry without water getting to it and making it lose it's gloss. (Painting a boat is a very theraputic after work job on a summers evening...)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C