painting a fridge

Hi... has anyone out there tried painting their fridge? I'm having a new kitchen put in, however would like to hang on to the old fridge as it works ok(& only a couple of yrs old). But, I would like to paint it silver. Which paint can I use? Is the spray paint used for car's anygood? Also, where can I find paint to paint my bath?
Thank you very much

I had an arty friend who painted hers with artist's oil paints - some sort of arctic or underwater scene IIRC.
I'd have thought anything suitable for painting metal would do (i.e. not emulsion which would flake off). If you want an as-new-looking high gloss you'll probably find that hard to acheive d-i-y (though I suppose you could take the beast to a car resprayers and have them do it).

Google 'tubby'.
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-|-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ 1. There's no such thing as a free lunch. 2. The more something seems like a free lunch the more expensive it is.
Try hammerite smooth silver in a spray can. I was considering this, however some bit on the door are plastic.

suchita snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (BobTheBuilder) wrote in message

Car spray paint. Clean thoroughly first and degrease, and for the longest lived finish rub with fine sandpaper before painting. Note metallic paints are a 2 part process: paint first then lacquer over it so it survives. I'm assuming you mean metallic grey when you say silver. And note that the spray gets on everything.
Baths are another matter.
Regards, NT

I don't know, but can I recommend "The Diary of a Nobody"?
Will
    suchita snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (BobTheBuilder) writes:

My father painted their boiler and fridge British Racing Green some years ago using car airosol spray paint. After a few years, it did start wearing away where people pulled on the fridge door.
--
Andrew Gabriel

As long as the colour you want is White or White you can try Hammerite Appliance paint . The link to the product is below. I have not tried it http://www.hammerite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/HAMUK/ICIPaints/servlet/ProductDisplayCmd?productId%5004&storeId 102&catalogId=1&langId=-1&siteName=HMUK
Cheers
Robert