Painting a bath

I was thinking of rubbing my bath down and painting it a baby blue as per reuqets of wife who wants to change everything in the bathroom, why I don't know.

Having well never painted a bath I was wondeirng how possible a job this is ? What kind of paint is on the bath, looks like an enamel type paint ?

I've got a nice spay gun (used to do a little spraying) compressor etc. Just wondering what kind of paint setup I could use ?

Thanks

Reply to
BigToe

You don't paint baths. There's a very good reason for this.

Reply to
Grunff

Water soluble....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try these guys ...

diypaint

Care to share ?

Reply to
BigToe

Think about it - harsh environment, lots of scrubbing, hot water. Enamel or gelcoat, that's pretty much all that works.

Reply to
Grunff

quick fix:

misterroy

There are several.

- It looks like cr@p

- It doesn't work

- It wrecks the bath

Reply to
Andy Hall

Done professionally

it looks superb

It works a treat and so far has lasted 5 years without any signs of deterioration at all

It restored a CI bath that was wrecked.

As far as I know, it can be painted over again if the existing coat does get damaged.

Don't know where you got your opinion/experience from Andy, but clearly we had it done properly and I would strongly recommend it - that is getting it done by someone who has the right materials, equipment and knowledge.

Rob

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

The key here is possibly "professionally". I have seen absolute abominations of painted baths.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Clear lack of knowledge, you don't use water soluble paint in a bath. I have painted two baths, both fine now. That was using a product mentioned on the "tubby" site. The enamel kits are also very good.

Reply to
ST150

Reply to
Andy Hall

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ST150" saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Damn!

I'll go put away my poster paint then.....

Reply to
White Van Man

A blue bath ..Is the woman mad . What colour are the toilet and w/h basin ?

Save your pennies and buy a nice new bath in white FFS .

Reply to
Stuart B

That what I said, a nice new white bath. But noooooooooo has to be feckin blue. We have white sink, white toilet FFS it will look stupid. Pah.

Reply to
BigToe

So do a crap job so you will have to get a new suite, simple really ;-)

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Exactly. Back to the soluble paint that I suggested in the first place.

Other option is that a club hammer is certainly needed to apply the paint.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

My What Whit, What Charm........

Reply to