Painting

Yesterday I did the biggest bodge up painting job ever - and the customer was delighted.

Local 'Fosters & Fannies' nightclub wanting to spruce up one of the bars before Xmas.

The paintwork was awful. Chipped, worn, scratched, black scuff marks, beer stains, wine stains & heaven knows what else.

I told them it was a lot of work, all the gloss would need rubbing down, filling, undercoating etc. All the emulsion would need to be washed down, dents filled, bumps sanded. Then I'd have to mask up etc.

Nope - not what they wanted - just slap on a new coat of paint straight over the top. So I did and they were more than happy.

The premise was that (a) it's nearly dark in there and (b) the customers are all drunk.

Anywho, the customer supplied the paint - Dulux Trade. Never used it before, but all the decorators I speak to swear by it.

This stuff is incredible! The covering power is amazing! And a delight to use. No wonder the decorators swear by it.

Quite a revelation.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman