Painter/decorator going rate ?

Was wondering if there is anyone who can advise what the going daily rate is for a painter to re-paint (emulsion walls / ceilings and gloss woodwork) of a large flat in Surrey/Hants - I reckon it's a few man days work or will it be priced by the room ?

Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
nick smith

A painter/decorator will most likely give you an all-in price for doing everything. However if you ask him he'll no doubt be able to supply a cost-per-room.

There are intangibles such as what you are painting on top of to take into consideration. If the underlying colour is dark and you are brightening up then it could take 2-4 coats, which makes a huge difference to the time required.

Based upon your very imprecise description (I haven't seen the job and don't even know how many rooms etc) I wouldn't be surprised to see 10 days allocated to painting a whole flat. And especially if it's being lived in and precautions need to be taken with respect to furniture and carpets.

Costs vary, but I would expect in the region of £100-£200 per day.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew McKay

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the reply - the only one so far Cheers Nick

Reply to
nick smith

about £120

Reply to