painted stained glass!

Hi there
We're just doing some renovations and we found a stained glass window bricked up in a wall. It seems to have been the top of a large window and is about 6 ft wide and 1.5 ft high. I've managed to pull it from the wall intact and found that one side has been painted - gloss I guess but it's pretty old. Can anybody recommend a way to strip the paint without damaging the stained glass? Regular paint stripper?
Also it's pretty grubby. Are there any special requirements to clean it up?
I can email a pic of it off-list if it'll help.
Many thanks
Tony

Binary files like pictures have no place on a newsgroup like uk.d-i-y anyway - the best option is to do what a lot of folk do and upload any pics to one of the plethora of free websites out there, and then just post the link on the newsgroup. Thus interested parties can view the pics if they want, without clogging up the newsgroup.
David
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (David) wrote in message

Just like what the original poster seemed to be saying? Is that what you mean?
Tell me, how do you put pictures on this newsgroup? For some unexplicable reason I had assumed it impossible. Typical of me, I am a genetically unmodifiable newbie.
"Michael McNeil" wrote | > Binary files like pictures have no place on a newsgroup like uk.d-i-y | Tell me, how do you put pictures on this newsgroup? For some | unexplicable reason I had assumed it impossible. Typical of me, I am a | genetically unmodifiable newbie.
It isn't possible if you're using the Google web-based service.
If you use a newsreader like Outlook Express [1] then you can send a picture with a posting in a similar way to sending a picture with a mail message as an attachment.
But you shouldn't. The uk.* news hierachy is a plain-text only environment - no HTML, no pics or other 'binaries'.
Owain
[1] Which many people do not consider to be a 'real' newsreader, but it serves as an example.

stuff from postings to text groups so never see it anyway.
--
Chris French, Leeds