Paint stripper

Can any one tell me the name of the paint stripping paste, that is pasted on, leave for about 24hrs and you just peels off and the paint comes off with it. With no scrapping.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

"Impossible to buy" I think the name of it is. But NitroMors is the most common brand bought.

It doesn't brush on and peel off though, and still needs a bit of elbow grease to do the job right.

Reply to
BigWallop

GIYF

Peel Away.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thats the one, thanks Dave.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

's what I said. It's called "Impossible to buy".

Reply to
BigWallop

Klingstrip is wotht looking at ....

But whatever you use .. there will always be a bit of elbow work.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike

The paint stripper came up in a chat with a person who explained that he had tried NitroMors with no effect. Ive no idea what type of paint he is trying to remove or if he followed the instruction. All I know is that the surface he is trying to strip are glazed bricks. So I would imagine that brushing with a wire brush or using a paint scrapper is out.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Seems to be available here

The Medway Handyman

I'll stick to me blow-lamp and scraper, thngyeverymuchness. ..

Reply to
BigWallop

Ummm, heat on 120 year old glazed bricks on a conservation building. Doubt if he's insured for fire. It's only volunteer work

Reply to
Kipper at sea

GIYF whats is it or the meaning?.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

-GIYF whats is it or the meaning?.

Somewhat recursively, try typing "acronym definition giyf" into Google!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Kipper at sea coughed up some electrons that declared:

Also Ronstrip?

Which, you can make a crude version yourself (slightly dangerously) from caustic soda and builder's lime. Caustic soda - about 1 lb IIRC to a half bucket of water (dangerous bit #1 - it's exothermic so do it carefully and cover your eyes).

Add lime until pasty. Apply - leave for some hours. This crude recipe doesn;t so much peel as come off in lumps, but it does tend to suck up the dissolved paint residue and take that with it.

Dangerous bit #2 is it is very caustic (obviously) - but no worse than any other paint stripper.

This assumes that your paint is responsive to a caustic stripper - it's great on that old gunky varnish they liked using in 1960!

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S