Paint spray guns

Any one got an experience of using a spray gun for decorating?

The outside walls of my house are rendered and covered with tiny stones and I would like to paint them white. They will be very tedious to paint with a brush, and I wondered if a spray gun would be better. If so, would the spray gun also be useful for internal decoration?

Reply to
Michael Chare

Yes, it's easier with a spray gun. However it is vital to pick the correct paint and gun for the job. In general IME chuck it on spray guns only work with thin liquids, I have sprayed a car with one and would not do so again! I believe the HVLP systems are better with thicker mixes. HP spray guns need a lot of air to cope with thick paint, I wouldn't try it. For internal use the need to mask everything in the room often means that spraying is more effort than just using a brush or roller. The US is into spraying internal rooms, but IME, the results frequently resemble Artex in surface finish.

Reply to
Capitol

Spraying gets paint mist _everywhere_. Look at any image of a paint booth on google & you'll SWIM.

You'd be creating one annoying maintenance hassle for yourself.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Whatever you do get some decent paint sprayers breathing filters though. The guys who did the coating some years ago on my house looked like some kind of aliens. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I used an Earlex airless sprayer to spray my concrete fence posts with Sandtex - worked fine

Reply to
rick