Paint resistant to gas boiler plume?

My gas boiler has a horizontal exhaust about 15cm below the underside of a car port roof. Under certain cold atmospheric conditions the plume condenses into droplets on the roof underside surface. The surface appears to be made of MDF or similar and I would like to protect it from deterioration which may be caused by the warm, wet plume of exhaust gas.

Please can anyone recommend a suitable protective paint for this application.

TIA

Malcolm H

Reply to
Malcolm H

I had this problem. I attached a stainless steel (food grade of course :-)) plate above the outlet pipe to deflect the pluming away .

Reply to
Rob

Can you not sheath the affected area with something, eg pin a sheet of polythene or attach a sheet of arylic on there?

David

Reply to
Lobster

My first thought was to attach a sheet of laminate. It would need to be about 3m x 1m. I went to B&Q and Wickes today but neither couild supply anything suitable. Therefore I concluded that paint might be the simplest option.

Reply to
Malcolm H

Many makes and models specifiy at least 200mm for this clearance, however we better give the installer the benefit of the doubt.

You could try a plume diverter and throw it downwards at 45 degrees.

Reply to
Ed Sirett