Paint on stone mullions

Nice windows with stone mullions, but previous decorators have splashed a multitude of colours around the edges next to the glass.

Any good tips on how to remove such paint. Probably all water based.

Brick acid ?

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

This stuff really does work. It's very user-friendly but a bit slow. Also very reasonably priced:

for 'Novel technologies - paint stripper'

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

angle grinder

Reply to
JimK

With a plastic scouring pad "paint remover" disk. Just watch not to catch the edges, as the disks are quite flimsy.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

well they're OK if the surface is flat....

flapwheel on a drill/dremel if not?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 08:36:43 -0800 (PST), JimK gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

Hmmmm.. nothing mechanical, or else the stone is going to look different forever. The paint is only 4-5mil wide in places. I did notice that the steamer lifted some of it as I removed wall paper .. wish I had not papered until it had been sorted now.

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st