Paint for plywood?

We've got some new plumbing which has been boxed in with plywood. We've already got the emulsion to put on the walls and would like to use it on the plywood after sealing the ends of the plywood with 5 to 1 or so of water and PVA glue.

What if anything should we prime the plywood with so we can put emulsion on it as the top coat?

Reply to
Tim Streater

water based acrylic primer.

Lots of.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Coo-er. Ta.

Reply to
Tim Streater

diluted emulsion soaks in quite well, then just give it a few coats of normal emulsion before the final coat.

It doesn't need the protection of undercoat etc because it's not exposed to any moisture or at great risk of getting knocked, like skirtings and door frames are.

Reply to
Phil L