Paint Charts

... are they always wrong?

We've got 4 patches now on our house walls, and every single one is a heck of a lot lighter than the ones on the chart. Hue and saturation look about right.

I don't suppose any of the paint manufacturers have anything in place to say "I like the hue, but it's too light - what's the next darker one?"

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Most of the sheds can mix any colour you want with a Dulux paint mixing machine. Some can match a sample you bring in too

Reply to
harryagain

The last Dulux machine I experienced couldn't even match one of their own discontinued shades where the details were still on their system. Not even close

Reply to
stuart noble

I just had a batch of broken white colour matched by Dulux, it was spot on. Paint can change colour over time, unevenly, making a match impossible, bu t they confirmed that this hadn't. I cleaned the samples first of course, t hat reduces colour variation a fair bit.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr