Paint at Wickes

In Wickes t'other day, wanting some smallish (750ml) cans of paint for various areas. The range is being changed v. soon to low VOC (about a year ahead of legislation) and there are cans on sale at around £1.49 - £2.99. Some are high VOC but many are lowish (up to 7.99%), across Master and Trade. Obviously limited colours etc. and stock will vary a lot between branches.

Reply to
PeterC

I bought some gloss for the spare room, called Ice White or something. Its white :-)

Pretty good paint as it goes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Opened a tin of [some palish, brownish colour] and it was grey! Much stirring later, it was the correct colour - phew!

We'll see how well it covers when the weather warms up a bit. Having a 'warm, well-ventilated room' atm is really either/or.

Reply to
PeterC

I bought a paint mixing paddle from Toolstation a while ago

it for stirring Stain Stop paint - which takes quite a bit of mixing to work 100% IME.

Brilliant little thing, used in a drill driver on low speed, no splashes. Its become so handy I wouldn't be without it now.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Needs to be slow! My brother mixed about 3 li in a 5 li tin, using a pillar dril, got distracted and caught the tin. Apart from the angle that he stopped, the room was, er, painted! He saved about -2 days in time.

Reply to
PeterC