Paint

Can you still buy the paint for repairing rear windscreen heating elements? If so where from and does it work? I haven't looked anywhere yet, the question just came to me via SWMBO.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Palindrome

it is available in red to match the elements.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Nail varnish over the top.

Reply to
Palindrome

I've seen it in Maplins recently. Try a search on conductive paint. Yes it works if applied correctly

Reply to
AlanG

Or maybe red fineline marker pen. Excess can be removed from the glass and the eye doesn't see colour blemishes in fine detail.

I had a brand new car once which had every trace of the HRW broken in several places. The dozy cleaner who had prepared the car proir to sale had cleaned the back window with a duster with a lump of grit stuck in it.

The dealer tried the conductive paint trick but the result was mega - conspicuous and I threatened to reject the car so they replaced the screen.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Masking off and leaving an exposed area *thinner* than the original is the secret. The silver-loaded stuff is a better conductor and very, very, very little is needed.

I suspect they plastered it on...when you can carry enough on the tip of a pin to do the job.

Reply to
Palindrome

But surely even using these two tips to 'perfection', you would still see the repair from the outside. Can I see a market for a red electrically conductive paint....? What are the originals made from?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Well done.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If it was masked / trimmed down to the thickness of the trace, from the outside, you'd only see it through the break.

"Paints Various" (quick drying) very heavily loaded with silver, 70 -

80% IIRC.

Oh and (for Sue) they did indeed plaster it on, the full width of the brush.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard