Paging BillP - Pipe Bending notes.

Hi BillP,

Sorry for paging, but I can't find a real email for you.

I have copied your Pipe Bending doc to the FAQ as I think you wanted. Hope that's OK.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

That was a brilliant piece of work. I spent the evening with the machine and have produced some nice work for my TRV flow/return pipes without an elbow or joiner in sight.

Reply to
EricP

Hi Phil

No problem it's fine by me. Glad it proved useful.

BillP.

Reply to
BillP

Splendid bit of work, thanks for that!

I know some people are not too keen on downloading .doc files, so I have produced a PDF version you can copy onto the site if you like. It is currently here:

John Rumm

thanks John.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

Just for reference - I got one off the internet, something like PDF995 ? for free a few months ago. It acts as a printer, i.e. you send the file to print on the PDF995 printer that is created, a 'save as' dialog box appears, and hey presto - you have a pdf!

I'm no expert in these things, but I've used it for converting long word documents, with quite complicated graphs, images, tables, equations etc. and it has worked remarkably well.

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

Thanks for that - I just tried the free version at

and I'm impressed. It produced output virtually identical to John's. The only noticeable difference was that the output file is 73K as opposed to 43K. That's th V1.0e freebie; perhaps the shareware V6.94 does better, and only costs $9.95. Certainly it looks a good option if you don't have access to the full Adobe Acrobat product.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison

If you're on broadband try downloading Openoffice. It's a very good office suite and it'll write .pdf's natively. Very usefull.

Simon Barr

Another option is to use Adobe's on-line converter at

- free for the first five files.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Or an open source project called PDFCreator.

installs easily and creates a new printer. Simply use this to create PDF files.

Reply to
Fishter

Thanks for both of those.