Ownership of land under you

Getting flamed. That was the embarrassment.

Just because the majority do something doesn't means it's good. An example that fits both of us, neither of us would be embarrassed walking through a city centre stark naked. It is pitiful as you put it to be embarrassed about your own body.

YOU: "I have never said it might have any meaning" YOU: "It has a meaning"

Oh dear.

It is selfish to do so.

It depends what they're upset about. Most people would not like to upset someone at a funeral by cracking a joke about the dead, but posting an off topic message yo a newsgroup is hardly upsetting someone to any great extent, and can be ignored.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Like I said.

Nobody had said anything about embarrassment. Nor even (apart from you bringing in another irrelevance) about getting flamed, until AFTER the above post.

Has anybody suggested that might be the case?

I don't think so.

Probably true, but of no relevance whatsoever;.

Please don't lie about me.

It was YOU that suggested it is "pitiful", not me.

*I* say there is nothing "pitiful" about any embarrassment, whether it is something I would feel in the same circumstances or not.

Correct. At that point, I had not said anything to suggest it did.

Which is, of course, correct.

"Oh dear" being you sum total answer to the point.

Coming from you, that is rich in the extreme.

That depends very much on the particular circumstances.

As usual, you make ridiculous generalisations, without any allowance for exceptions.

Reply to
Alex Heney