Overflow pipe dripping

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:18:39 +0100, "nightjar" had this to say:

Bending the arm is an accepted method of adjustment, not a modification.

So is cutting a piece of copper pipe to the correct length an unauthorised modification? After all, it was supplied in a standard length :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It is not one accepted by the regulations. To judge by the number of drop arms I supply to storage cistern manufacturers, is is not one they expect to be used either.

That is a supply pipe, not a water fitting.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Most (bog ones at least) are (non bendy)plastic. It would break if you bent it. Then they'd know.

Reply to
<me9

Granted. But how are they going to detect a bend in a metal arm?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It is easy enough to spot whether an arm has been bent, although whether a BCO would bother to look is another matter. The people I deal with mostly install large capacity cisterns for hospitals, hotels etc. and prefer not to take the risk for the sake of a few extra pounds.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar