Overboarding a floor

I'm about to overboard a floor in a flat above a shop, currently tatty floorboards, going over the top of it with 18mm T&G chipboard panels.

Is there any/much benefit to putting something like this in between?

It will end up with underlay and carpet so i'm wondering if there would be any benefit.

TIA.

Reply to
R D S

In message , R D S writes

Pass:-)

Our builders used 6mm ply stapled to the old 9" boarding. Underlay + carpet. No noticeable noise although there is no audio equipment installed (bedroom).

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Dunno. Might it help to reduce any creaking between the floor boards and the chipboard?

Reply to
Roger Mills

It's all one level with no skirting and only one door so not really an issue.

Reply to
R D S