Oven light glass

The glass covering the light in our oven won't unscrew easily. Any tips?

Reply to
PM

squirt with WD40 and leave overnight?

tarquinlinbin

I have had to take a fitted oven out so I can extract the lampholder from the rear in such cases. In that case, it wasn't caused by burned food, but by the light bulb having exploded, and the force of the explosion had blown the glass cover half off, leaving it cross-threaded.

Incidently, that was a 25W oven lamp, and it took out a B32 breaker in the CU when it blew...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

PM explained on 28/10/2005 :

Not all do - some are fixed in place and you change the lamp from the back, probably after removing a steel cover.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

This one did and now doesn't...

Reply to
PM

Try warming the oven to about 150C and see if you can remove the glass. Wear an old pair of rubber gloves though and use an older glove to wrap around the glass. By warming, you will expand the fitting and it might just unscrew that bit easier.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

PM has brought this to us :

Could you tighten a Jubilee clip around the rim, to give you a bit more purchase?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield