Oven flame

The oven burns with a yellow tinged flame. Not sure if it has always done this or has occured over a period of time. I'm assuming the flame should be mainly blue?

Is it a problem?

(It doesn't set off the CO detector or anything)

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Make sure the burner is clean and clear, and that nothing has fallen against it. I once found a haddock fillet, which had literally turned to charcoal, lying against the burner of a gas oven. It created the same symptoms you have.

Reply to
BigWallop

Must admit it hasn't been properly cleaned in a long time. The top of the burner gets cleaned but the bit with the jet where it mixes the gas and air could probably do with a scrub. Perhaps a pork chop has got stuck in there or maybe a chicken nugget?

sponix

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

Or, as I found recently on one call out, a little mouse. There have been loads of mice around this year. :-) I just hope the little bugger had been gases before the flame caught. :(

Reply to
BigWallop

"Mummy! One of my fish fingers is furry and has a tail!"

Reply to
s--p--o--n--i--x

ROFL!!! What a thought. :-)

I had one lady tell me of the little mouse in her gas oven. She'd started to pre-heat the oven for the Sunday roast, and within a minute of turning the gas on, there was a little mouse squeaking and tapping on the glass door to get out. She wasn't very amused when I told her they taste better after three minutes on full power in a 850 W microwave. :-) LOL

Reply to
BigWallop

"BigWallop" wrote in news:Emcye.62312$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

I thought they weren't a problem now we have cat linings in ovens?

Reply to
Rod