Oven bulbs - very short lifespan

Does anyone else find that 15watt 300 degree SES E14 oven bulbs often rated as 1,000 hours average life, only last a few weeks? Whatever brand I buy I doubt that they last 100 hours. Has anyone found a brand that lasts as long as it says on the packet?

Reply to
Richard Head

No. They are crap and a swindle, except for the oem supplied one.

Reply to
Ericp

Even a 100 hrs in a few weeks is some use for an oven lamp ! We only turn ours on when we need to check the food, then its turned off again. The same lamp has been in for 15 years.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

The lamp is on all the time the main electric oven and fan are switched on. There is no facility to turn the oven lamp off independently to the oven element and fan. So, for a roast chicken or other food that needs a couple of hours cooking then the oven lamp is on for two hours.

Reply to
Richard Head

Likely vibration. If you can go up to 25w you'll get a tougher filament.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

"Tabby" wrote: Likely vibration. If you can go up to 25w you'll get a tougher filament. NT

That makes sense, will give it a try, thank you.

Reply to
Richard Head

Thanks Richard, I did not realise your oven did not have on/off switches for the lamps. I now appreciate your problem.

Reply to
Gio

Nah: gave up bothering to replace them long ago. Can't see through the tea towel and the crap on the glass anyway.

Spamlet