Outside Tap Security Box - Is there such a thing?

This looks like it's exactly what you asked for:

this IMO looks interesting:

Steve Firth

I spotted this on their site (which I did not know):

The minimum level of protection required for a HU tap in a house garden is a Double Check Valve. HU taps incorporating two check valves cartridges (now described as HUK1) are no longer acceptable for new exterior installations. This design is prone to frost damage so the regulations now require a Double Check Valve to be provided upstream of the HU tap inside the thermal envelope of the building (where applicable) and protected from freezing.

Reply to
mike

"mike" wrote

Thanks Mike

Picked that up just 1 day too late. Don't intend re-working the piping again to add an internal check valve.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I did mention it six days ago...unless you mean you fitted one externally.

Reply to
Bob Eager

"Bob Eager" wrote

I did read your post, Bob, but understood that your were referring to the double check valve arrangement within modern outside taps. These I was aware of and have fitted a suitably specified tap. The requirement that a separate device should be fitted internally instead due to concerns over frost failure is news to me though.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

News to me too! As it happens, that's what I have here anyway....!

Reply to
Bob Eager