Outside PIR Lights

This site has some good information and a super working example about dazzle.

be time for dark evenings and the paper delivery boy will be causing the houses across the road to be lit up!

John

Reply to
john

john was thinking very hard :

The problem with many combined PIR security lights is that the light can only be tilted down so far, until it starts to force the PIR to also look down at the ground.

Referring to the above URL, if no research has been down as to the deterance value of PIR operated flood lights, how can they express an opinion as to their value? Aside from the deterance value, they are also of value for the owners to see their own way around.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

the PIR senses the whole drive effectively without modifications. The point of the site is to illustrate that pointing downwards is more effective.

Reply to
john

john submitted this idea :

I agree fully with the effectiveness, I am just critical of some of the designs of PIR light.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

use them as porch lights!

Reply to