Outside cable

I have a small laundry room which is outside the main house. To get power to it I have taken a 4mm T&E radial through the external house wall and then into the laundry room via the door frame - this was the only feasable route. The run of cable outside is about 1 meter and I have chased out a channel in the render for it to run in. Is it ok to just render over or should I encase it somehow? I did think of using SWA but decided that it wasn't really necessary.

Reply to
P Lavers

Your main issues are mechanical protection and UV protection. The render should provide UV protection, but I would cap the cable with capping or conduit before rendering. This will make it much stronger should the wall be hit by something (i.e. a ladder, or furniture being moved).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle