Outflow from washing machine

Hi (again!)
At the moment, my washing machine outflow hose is simply a 2.5m flexible grey hose, the end of which is slung into a drain pipe, stuffed in with old rags so that I don't have the pleasure of smelling our neighbours drains (we live on the second floor of a three floor block of flats).
Obviously, if I'm to put a dishwasher in the same room, I need a better way of getting the water into the drain pipe. I'm sure there's a standard way of doing this, but having looked carefully at various on-line plumbing catalogues, I'll be blowed if I can see one. can anyone offer some advice?
Thanks;
Dave

Look at a washing machine trap for each appliance. These have a water seal trap and eliminate smells.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl