Outdoor festive lights and "part P"

I know it's a long way off yet, but with household outdoor Xmas light displays getting more and more elaborate each year I was wondering wether or not these were covered by the new electrical legislation?

ie if you wanted display lights running down your driveway, complete with neon "frosty the snowmen" and "santa claus" lights all over the garden, will you have to get the council to come and check your wiring or are you OK as long as they're plugged into an internal socket?

Just a thought, any ideas?

Reply to
Dark Angel

Only fixed wiring is covered so as long as you plug them in you should be ok.

Reply to
Russell

I don't think neon is covered by Part P, you can have high voltage electrodes fizzing about to your heart's content.

I'd suggest you get some evil ideas from "Big Clive" Mitchell's website, he has an interesting take on a halogen chandelier which assumes that 'placing out of reach' is permitted as a means of protection in a domestic environment (it isn't)

Also some handy USB illuminated turds if you want to add glowing reindee r droppings trailing behind Rudolph.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mike Harrison

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What's stopping you - you might need to upgrade your hard drive first though ;)

Reply to
Richard Conway