Outdoor electrics

Naah. No-one gives a stuff.

Reply to
Huge

Thankfully.

Reply to
Huge

When I moved in, the solicitor asked me if I still wanted to go ahead as there were no fitted drawers in the house anymore as described in the survey.

Reply to
Simon Mason

So I guess mine is really bad news. I plug the electrics for my shed (when ocassionaly required) in to a socket in my porch, the cable goes outdoors overhead suspended on a wire to my shed. If I need to sell will just unplug and rip the cable down.

Reply to
ss

Yup, that's the part P way - its ok to bodge it, but doing it properly incurs an exercise in paperwork. ;-)

You could (reading the letter of the approved doc) also install a whole new CU from split tails, just for your garden feed, since that would not be a replacement! (although you may not be able to install new circuits from that ;-)

Personally, I find the grin and ignore it approach works well ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Seems unlikely - especially in the current sellers market.

Its pretty much a non issue these days.

Reply to
John Rumm

but putting it back in safely might involve digging up the patio and the garden to run a "safe" feed to the shed.

Reply to
charles

So long as its done properly then its a non issue. The worst that happens is someone gets it tested. The only argument would be who pays for the testing.

Reply to
John Rumm

"It also applies to building work carried out on excepted energy buildings in Wales as defined in the Welsh Ministers (Transfer of Functions) (No. 2) Order 2009."

Reply to
polygonum

The really bad news is that, had it not been for Part-P, you'd probably have done it properly - and far more safely!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Or you've lost the paperwork from Safestyle

Reply to
Graham.

It has since Part pee started, the local council even has stock letters that they issue that state they have no interest in work done without notification if it was done more than 12 months ago. They won't prosecute anyone for doing the work, but they will prosecute if its substandard and dangerous just as they did before part pee.

Reply to
dennis

I've just sold and bought; solicitors may note the absence of all sorts of paper-work, you then tell them not to bother, they then write to the other party "my client is willing to take a view?" Nobody cares

Reply to
DJC

There are always other buyers, if someone walks away then the lack of paperwork is just an excuse, not a real reason.

Reply to
DJC

"oohhh but what about the insurance?"

I say..... IDGAF

no-one gives a toss about poxy bit's of part-p paper apart from those making money from issuing them and those making money selling s*1t to those issuing them.

One big government backed scam like everything where the council is party to it's "legislation"

Reply to
0345.86.86.888

No it doesn't. You say "do you want to buy the house or not?"

If they say "not without valid Gas Safe and Part-P paperwork" where applicable)

I'd personally tell them an extra £10k on the price and all certificates would be provided or they buy "sold as seen" or they piss of and buy someone else's' house.

No problem, no solution required.

Reply to
0345.86.86.888

Precisely. You just say "There's no paperwork for 'x'" (FENSA certificates are the "best" example for that) and everyone just says "OK" and gets on with their lives.

Reply to
Huge

Actually FENSA certificates are the worst example for that, because you can search by postcode/house number whether a certificate was ever issued and pay to receive a replacement if you care.

That's true enough though.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Good grief. Who gives enough of a shit to do that?

Reply to
Huge

The buyer's solicitor in a probate sale I had to oversee...

I think that's the nub - the buyer doesn't care. It's the bloody solicitors who panic them into whining. In the case of a probate sale that needs to be done fast (empty property) it was more expedient to go on the FENSA site and pay and download a copy.

Yes, it's a load of stupid bollocks.

In exchange for (but wholly unrelated to) my diligence, I had a sale that missed completion by 2 weeks! Boy, did they pay for that in late completion penalties! I was *this* close to declaring them in breach of contract and keeping the deposit.

The point being, they were quite happy to f*ck about with trivia like FENSA certs, but could not manage the slightly bigger issue of producing money on time!

Reply to
Tim Watts