OTish WEb problem accessing page

I can access the MCOL (Money Claim On-line) website - but when I click on log-in it goes to the Government Gateway and then times out.

When I go straight to the Government Gateway website:

It again times out. So the problem seems to be accessing that particular site itself. I have turned off Defender - no difference.

I have tried pinging and trace route the site - both by website name and also by IP address.

No joy. All other sites - including secure, work fine

Can anyone throw any light on it - or just point me to a newsgroup in which it will be more appropriate.

It appears to be a problem with my Internet access - it works OK via 4G

Reply to
Judith in England

Judith in England posted

Are you using a browser that supports the TLS security protocol? Since October, people who have non-TLS browsers can't connect to most government online services, e.g.

Big Les Wade

If in doubt, reboot your router. Often seems to sort out odd problems like this.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

+1

Happened to me years ago and I refused to believe it, but it worked.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks - I will investigate further.

Reply to
Judith

Thanks again - I checked my settings at

and all was OK.

Most odd.

Does anyone know of a forum/newsgroup where I could get more suggestions please?

Reply to
Judith