OTish: Water Bills

We've had a water bill in our shared house, which we moved into in September. Does anyone know if these are billed after you've had your water, or before (IE, are we paying for water that the previous residents used?). We're with yorkshire water if that makes a difference, on rates, not a meter.

Reply to
Doki

You should only pay for water from the date that you moved into the property. Prior to that the previous occupant, or landlord is liable. You will need to contact Yorkshire Water to tell them when you moved in to get an accurate bill, and ensure any bill outstanding before you moved in is not paid by you!

Doki wrote:

Reply to
ler01kjh

Ace. I'd bet a quid that the bill's already been paid by the lass who got it.

Reply to
Doki